Clerk's Department - Frequently Asked Questions

How do I register to vote?
Registrations are taken at the Clerk’s Office during regular business hours. You may also register to vote at any Secretary of State Office in Michigan.  Criteria for registration is available at the Secretary of State website.

Where do I vote?
Contact the Clerk's Office (248-451-4848) or the Michigan Voter Information Center at, the Secretary of State's Online Website.  There is also a feature that will allow you to view your own sample ballot.

How do I obtain an absentee ballot? 
Those who qualify and have asked to be on our "permanent" absent voter list are automatically mailed an application for absentee ballot 75 days before an election.  Qualifications for permanent status include those 60 and older and those who are disabled.  Other qualifications for requesting a ballot are:  unable to vote without assistance at the polls, expecting to be out of town on election day, jail awaiting arraignment or trial, unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons, or appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence.  If you would like an absentee ballot, you can call the Clerk's Office (248-451-4848) to have an application mailed to you or fill out the Absentee Ballot Application and return by mail, fax, or deliver to the Clerk's Office as stated on the bottom of the form.  Yes, you can use the Township Drop Box next to the Postal Box at Town Hall 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week.   

How do I apply for a passport book and/or card?
Please refer to our Passport Flyer for information.

When does the Township Board meet?
Township Board normally meets the 1st and 3rd Monday of the month at 6:00 PM. Meetings are also listed on the Township Web Site Calendar. Regular meetings are cablecast live on Channel 15.

Can I get a document notarized at the Clerks office?
The Clerk’s office staff will notarize documents for $7.00 a signature. You must bring the entire document, unsigned along with your driver’s license to the Clerk’s office during regular business hours.

How would I access the Oakland County website?

How do I obtain information about starting a Small Business?

How do I obtain a garage sale permit?
Garage sale permits can be obtained by coming into our office during regular business hours. We will need your name, address, phone number and dates of the sale. We will also need to get a copy of your driver's license. The fee is $5.00 for the permit and includes two (2) signs. Up to three (3) additional signs may be purchased at the Clerk's Office for five dollars ($5.00) per sign. You can have your sale for three consecutive days, twice a year.