Drainage Complaint Process

catchbasinDrainage complaints  will be handled through the Engineering Department. We will register your concerns and our Engineering Inspector will follow up with an on-site visit.

We may be able to offer you some suggestions or direct you to either the Oakland County Road Commission or Oakland County Water Resources Commission.

Roads and drains adjacent to roads are usually handled by the Road Commission of Oakland County.

A storm drain located within a lot (within property lines away from the road) may be the
responsibility of the Oakland County Water Resources Commission or private party.


For information on Chapter 18 and Chapter 20 drainage districts please click on the following link

Chapter 18 and Chapter 20 drainage districts map

 For further information, please contact

Oakland County Road Commission 
(248) 858-4804

Oakland County Water Resources Commission
(248) 858-0958

West Bloomfield- Engineering Department
(248) 451-4824