The Investigations Division is comprised of the Detective Bureau, the Youth Bureau, and the Crime Prevention Unit. The Investigations Division also works in cooperation with other agencies in order to provide more effective police service. As a result, we have officers assigned to work with or liaison with the Narcotics Enforcement Team (NET), the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation(FBI), the South Oakland Narcotics Intelligence Consortium (SONIC), and the West Bloomfield Schools.
- The Detective Bureau handles all investigations involving adult criminals and victims.
- The Youth Bureau specializes in crimes that involve underage victims and juvenile offenders. If you would like to know more, click on the following link:
Youth Bureau and Frequently Asked Questions
- The Youth Bureau also works in partnership with the following community organizations. You may access their websites by linking with them below:
Carehouse - Child Abuse and Neglect Council of Oakland County (248) 332-7173
Common Ground Sanctuary (248) 456-8150; Crisis Hotline (800) 231-1127
Greater West Bloomfield Community Coalition
Haven (248) 334-1284
Oakland County Youth Assistance (248) 858-0041
- The Crime Prevention Unit provides a variety of programs, presentations, and classes to help keep our citizens safe at home, work, school, and play. Here are just some of the programs provided by the Crime Prevention Unit:
- T.E.A.M. (Teaching, Educating, and Mentoring) is taught at the following elementary schools: Keith, Maple, Pleasant Lake, and Twin Beach as well as West Hills Middle School and Our Lady of Refuge in Orchard Lake
- Identity Theft
- Kid Power
- Neighborhood Watch
- Security Surveys for your home, house of worship, or business
- Security Technology and You ... and many more. Contact the Crime Prevention Unit at (248) 975-8974 for additional information.
- The Crime Prevention Unit also works in partnership with the following statewide crime prevention organization. You may access their website by linking with them below: The Crime Prevention Association of Michigan (800) 414-2726