Records Bureau Days and Hours of Operation:
- Days of Operation - Monday through Friday (except on legal holidays)
- Hours - Summer (June 1st through Labor Day), 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Winter (The day after Labor Day through May 31st), 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.
The Records Bureau can provide citizens with the status of their reports and copies of their reports as well. The Records Bureau will process Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests and they will provide clearance letters. They will answer questions regarding false alarm billing and they can also provide crime statistics.
- To obtain a copy of a report, your name must appear in the report or you must have notarized authorization from a person named in the report. All other requests must be made by submitting a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to the Records Bureau. The FOIA request must include the incident complaint number as well as the date, time, and location of the incident. The person making the FOIA request must also include their name and address in the request.
- Copies of incident reports and traffic crash reports can be obtained in person at the front desk of the Police Department or by postal mail. To obtain reports by postal mail, mail your request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, and a check or money order in the amount required for the report. Make the check or money order payable to the West Bloomfield Police Department. The Records Bureau will advise you of the cost to obtain a particular report. The Police Department will not FAX or e-mail police reports.
- Traffic Crash reports may be purchased purchased on-line for $20.00 by linking on Purchase Traffic Crash Report. But, as always, you may also purchase a traffic crash report directly from the Records Bureau during normal business hours according to the fee schedule below.
- Police Clearance Letters are frequently needed for employment, adoption proceedings, to obtain a U.S. travel visa, or for other official or military requirements. Responses to Clearance Letters will only include information pertaining to West Bloomfield convictions. You must provide proper identification and requests must be made in person, at the Police Department, during normal business hours. A $5.00 notary fee will be assessed if the Clearance Letter must be notarized.
- To request a copy of a statewide 'Criminal Convictions History', contact the Michigan State Police, Criminal Justice Information Center, 7150 Harris Drive, Lansing, MI 48913. Telephone: (517) 322-1957. You may access their website by linking with them below: Criminal Justice Information Center Phone: (517) 241-0711 & FAX: (517) 241-0866
- Fee Schedule:
- Reports: $5.00 for the first page, $1.00 for each additional page.
Example - a two page report will cost $6.00
- Fingerprints: Available to West Bloomfield residents only from 8:00am to 3:00pm
(Excluding legal holidays)
$5.00 per Inked Card, $70.00 for Live Scan fingerprints
- PBT's (Preliminary Breath Tests): $5.00 for residents, $10.00 for all others
- Clearance Letters: $5.00 for notorizations
- Video Records: $50.00
- Audio Records: $30.00
- License to Purchase a Gun: Free of Charge - Residents Only
POLICE LOBBY WINDOW
24 hour service is available at the Lobby Window
Vacation Request Forms - Click here for Vacation Request Forms.
- Court Ordered DNA Kits: Available Free of Charge
- Drug/Alcohol Test Kits: Free of Charge - Residents Only
- Gun Locks: Free of Charge - Residents Only
- Gun Registration - Residents Only. Available 8:00am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday (Except legal holidays)
- Concealed Pistol License (CPL) Packets are available at the Lobby Window or they can be obtained through the Michigan.gov website by clicking on Michigan Conceal Pistol License Application. Additional CPL licensing information can be obtained at MSP - Concealed Pistol Application and Instructions.
- Identity Theft Information is available at the Lobby Window or the following links:
OPERATION MEDICINE CABINET - Click here for details.