- Repair and maintenance of water and sewer mains and related structures, including sanitary sewer collection system lift station pumping facilities and backup power generators, over 3,530 fire hydrants, more than 3,255 water distribution system gate wells and valves, approximately 8,400 sanitary sewer manhole structures, and operation and maintenance of six (6) individual water system pressure zones.
- Replacement and/or repair of leaking, noisy, or stopped water meters. Unprotected frozen or damaged water meters are charged under a direct expense to the property owner as a required responsibility, per Ordinance.
- Field marking and staking of underground water and sewer utility mains and service lines located within the road right-of-way or utility easement. *Note: Field staking is not provided on private property.
- Management of all Residential Subdivision Irrigation/Sprinkling Water Meters. The meters are removed in the fall and installed in the spring by authorized township Water Department personnel. Approved Back flow Prevention Devices are required to be installed at these sites and tested annually, per MDEQ Cross Connection Control requirements. An annual Device Test Report is required to be submitted each spring, as coordinated and assured this is aspect is performed on an annual basis, prior to affording the turning on of water service to each subdivisions irrigation system. These independent water systems are typically located at the entrances of all subdivisions whereby the subdivision association has metered water at their gateway entrances to the subdivision.
- Investigation of possible water service line leaks and potential sanitary sewer back-up situations.
- Customer inquiries regarding water and sewer billings is addressed by the Billing Division. (248) 451-4780.
- Administration of programs required by State and Federal agencies, such as Illicit Sump Pump and Roof Drain Connection Inspections, including closed circuit televising and cleaning of sanitary sewer mains, operation and maintenance of water distribution system gate valve exercising, and required MDEQ Water Supply System Cross Connection Control and Compliance Inspections for both Residential and Commercial Customers. The department does not perform cleaning of sanitary sewer service lines on private property. Property owner's are responsible for sewer lead from dwelling to Township sewer main connection, per Ordinance. *Note: Storm Sewers are maintained by the Road Commission of Oakland County and not West Bloomfield Township. The direct contact number to the RCOCs emergency operations response center is: (248) 858-4895 concerning storm sewers as well as local street conditions.