FALL 2020 Household Hazardous Waste Event
Friday, September 25, 2020 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Household Waste Collection, Electronic Waste Recycling & Shredding
Saturday, September 26, 2020 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Household Waste Collection, Electronic Waste Recycling, Shredding & St. Vincent dePaul will be on-site for a Donation Drive.
Click here for a list of acceptable items
No business or commercial waste or shredding
No appointment required for either drop-off event
Both drop-off dates are open to West Bloomfield, Orchard Lake & Sylvan Lake residents (ID Required)
On Friday, September 25th, township staff will pick-up waste from West Bloomfield Residents who are home-bound. Restrictions apply. Please call (248) 451-4819 or email email@example.com for eligibility requirements or to schedule and appointment. **Please note, appointments can only be scheduled between September 4th and 25th as they are scheduled on a first come, first served basis**
What is Hazardous Waste?
- Products containing toxic chemicals like cleaning products, solvents, pesticides, oil-based paints and weed killer.
- Batteries, Light bulbs, fire extinguishers & smoke alarms.
- Expired Medication
- These products can be a threat to living beings
- These products can pollute the air, water and soil
- Look for key words on containers such as "Danger", "Caution", "Poison", "Flammable", "Corrosive" or "Use in Well Ventilated Area".
2020 Event Flyer
For more information, contact Kathy Sederlund | (248) 451-4819 or the Planning & Development Services Department directly | (248) 451-4818
HHW Hotline opens approximately three (3) weeks prior to each event | (248) 451-4834 | firstname.lastname@example.org